Instagram would be my primary source of traffic and business. That means that I am 100% keeping tabs on how to beat the Instagram algorithm. Rumor has it that only 10% of your audience can see your posts in their feed- what a rip off! But we can do this! It is still possible to beat the Instagram algorithm.
I’m going to show you my secrets and top tips for growing and winning the Instagram algorithm.
Two Factors for Winning the Instagram Algorithm
Okay, so when it comes to your newsfeed, it looks like there are four main points the Instagram algorithm takes into consideration. These points can be put into two categories. Let’s talk more about those and what they have to do with the Instagram algorithm.
#1: Engagement Is Key for Winning with Instagram
The Instagram algorithm in 2021 works by showing users the content they are likely to engage with. As previously stated, have you ever noticed that when you like someone’s posts, you tend to see more of them on your feed? If you scroll down you’re feed long enough, you will see posts from most accounts you follow. Typically, you have to scroll very far and Instagram will eventually stop you from scrolling with a, “You’re all caught up now!” note. I tried this and it took a LONG time to get to the “bottom” of my newsfeed.
It’s not likely that your followers will do that. It’s much too long of a process. That being said, If only 10% of them actually see your posts! So how do we engage enough to beat the Instagram algorithm in 2021?
#2: The Instagram Algorithm Believes Time is Everything
Instagram is a social platform that makes money from ads. The easiest way for your followers to see company ads is to keep your followers on the app longer. That means that the more time you keep your followers on the app, the more the Instagram algorithm will favor you. MUAHAHA.
How The Instagram Algorithm Works
- How Does The Instagram Algorithm Work in 2021?
- The Instagram algorithm watches what you like
- The Instagram algorithm looks at how you engage
- The Instagram algorithm keeps tabs on time
- Frequency is used to sort posts
- Two Factors for Beating The 2021 Instagram Algorithm
- Engage with your followers
- Create content your followers will enjoy engaging with
- Consider Timing
- Post when your followers are online
- Post frequently
- Okay, so now that we know how the algorithm works and what we need to do to beat the Instagram algorithm, let’s talk about specific tactics you can use daily and beyond in your social media strategy.
Beating the Instagram Algorithm
Instagram, as an app, is a compilation of many parts, but let’s focus on your newsfeed for a second here. The items listed below should happen every day if you want to beat the 2021 Instagram algorithm! I have used these same techniques to grow my page. I break these things down in the next section.
- Post Posts
- Post Reels
- Reply to your DMs
- Respond to Comments
- Engage with Accounts You Follow
- Color Grade your Feed
- Turn On Post Notifications
This is all stuff I have done that has doubled my following on Instagram over the past six months. Followed Dennis Schleicher on Instagram at @denschleicher