Have you always wanted to write a book or are you writing one? Is your book ready for publishing and are you looking for a literary agent or help to self-publish? Are you seeking creative ways to market your book? Members of The 25 year old Connecticut Authors and Publishers Association (CAPA) are ready to welcome you. The not-for-profit organization’s goal is to “assist, encourage and inspire published and unpublished writers and increase their knowledge of writing, publishing and marketing by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information.”
Topics of discussion include books, magazines, trade journals, newspapers, audio books, all types of electronic media and diverse paths of learning and growth. CAPA chapters in Avon, Groton, and Shelton boast a wide range of genres and experience. Come for the knowledge and support but be prepared for friendship.
Membership benefits include:
- Networking virtually with and receiving peer support from published authors, aspiring writers, illustrators, agents, and publishers. In-person meetings will resume when restrictions are lifted.
- Three or more monthly webinars on a variety of interesting and informative topics by local and national experts.
- The Authority monthly newsletter packed with useful articles about writing, publishing, marketing, and CAPA events.
- Local and regional participation in diverse events including books signings and book sales.
- Writing contests.
- Access to CAPA Big E (Eastern States Exposition in Springfield, MA)Bookstore, in the CT building, with substantial foot traffic and logistical support for member book sales and signings.
- CAPA University and Book Publishing University classes.
- Library of video meetings and classes.
- Library of member articles in The Authority.
- Access to Publisher’s Marketplace to connect with podcasts, radio, and TV professionals seeking interviews.
- Facebook pages for the statewide organization and individual chapters.
by Elizabeth Saede Elizabeth@MysticRest.com Author of Lobster Summer. Freelance writer.
One thought on “Help For Aspiring Writers”
Elizabeth, what a great article.
LikeLiked by 1 person